I am an accredited and registered member of the BACP (British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists). I qualified as a Counsellor in May 2000 studying at the Central School of Counselling and Psychotherapy. I have a Diploma in CBT. I have completed training in Dissociation Complex, Post Traumatic Stress, Mental Health, and Pre-trial Therapy. I have a Certificate in Mediation.
My experience includes 2 years in a hospice, counselling the bereaved and terminally ill patients, and co-ordinating a student counselling service in a Norfolk college. I have worked with Solace Womens Aid and Rape Crisis and also in partnership with BUPA, Lifeworks and Health Assured.
I work within the BACP Ethical Framework and Good Practice
I practice with a Person Centred model, creating a comfortable, non-judgemental environment, using a non-directive approach. Every Client’s problems are distinctive and multi-faceted and the counselling process is client led, allowing for the fluctuations in individual lives.
In addition, I believe practising Mindfulness helps us to manage our thoughts and feelings, to improve our emotional and mental wellbeing. I offer the space to support you to practice Mindfulness techniques, to reduce anxiety and improve your overall health.
I offer counselling for many different issues, including:-
- Feelings of suicide, or a loved one committing suicide
- Anxiety, Stress management, Depression
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Personal Identity
- Relationships, inc personal, friendships, family, work colleagues
- Loss & Bereavement
- Terminal Illness
- Domestic and Emotional abuse & Sexual Violence
- Work problems/difficulties
- Low Self-esteem, confidence
I offer daytime and evening appointments and fees are as follows :
- Individual, face to face counselling £45 per session
- Couple, face to face counselling £60 per session